2010 HSE - add the LED "halo" lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was sad to see per this thread that the 2010 HSE did not have LEDs in the rings around the headlights:

http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/headlamp-led-rings.18894/page-4

That thread is really old, and it mentions the possibility of swapping parts in order to add this feature in later. Has anyone actually done that? Have a list of the parts required?

Powerfuluk.com has the whole facelift kit to turn the outdated 2010-13 front end into the better looking 2014-16. They have full video tutorials as well.

dwizum

Reaction score
Thanks, that's a good resource.

I don't know if I want to bite off a complete conversion though. I just want the '11-'13 halogen headlights with the LED halos in them. I can find the part number for the appropriate headlight, I just don't know if there are any other differences (ie wiring harness or lighting control unit) and if so, how you get around them.

dwizum

Reaction score
For the sake of info sharing here are all the part numbers for 2010-2013 LR4 halogen headlights with and without the signature LED lights:

With signature
Right LR023183
Left LR023188

Without
LR023535
LR023536

According to photos the plugs on the backs of the headlights are all the same. What I really need to know is what's on the vehicle side of the puzzle. Are the wires there in my truck or not? I can't seem to find part numbers for the wiring harnesses or any other info.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlights are a different shape. You will need to swap the grille and front bumper as well.

In terms of the electronics side of the equation, I don't know of anyone on this board who has done the swap. I do believe, however, it is more common in the UK. You may want to check http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has the LED halos?? Perhaps it was part of the lighting package and not standard with HSE?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a good resource.

I don't know if I want to bite off a complete conversion though. I just want the '11-'13 halogen headlights with the LED halos in them. I can find the part number for the appropriate headlight, I just don't know if there are any other differences (ie wiring harness or lighting control unit) and if so, how you get around them.

Re-reading this post, it looks like you are trying to take your 2010 headlights and make it so the LED's are on all the time as DRL's, similar to how the lights are on the 2014+ LR4's?

If so, I think some on the UK site I linked above have done that, but it requires some customization. FYI: I think they call them "fairie lights" (sp?) there.

If you are trying to install 2014+ headlights on your 2010, however, that requires an entire front end swap.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlights are a different shape. You will need to swap the grille and front bumper as well.

In terms of the electronics side of the equation, I don't know of anyone on this board who has done the swap. I do believe, however, it is more common in the UK. You may want to check http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/
@dwizum
Ryan is correct. It looks really simple though, you just purchase the new lights along with the grille (both available at powerfulUK.com) --- However, in order to get the DRL to work without turning the lights on everytime you'll need to program it accordingly using the GAP tool....below is the video tutorial on how to swap everything out.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has the LED halos?? Perhaps it was part of the lighting package and not standard with HSE?

Oh. Ok...I think I read it wrong as well. If you want the halos to stay on as your DRLs then you can do that via the gap tool.

dwizum

Reaction score

Base model HSE 2010 LR4 didn't have actual LEDs for the halo, it's got the spots for them but there are only fake little plastic crystals where the actual LEDs are supposed to be. The LUX trim package and apparently some standalone options allowed you to get the LEDs in 2010.

Again, to be clear, my car has halogen headlights with no LEDs in them. All I want is to get working LEDs. I don't really care if they're on all the time or require the switch to turn them on or are on with the DRLs or whatever, I just want to be able to have them on. It sounds like that will involve swapping headlights per the part numbers I mentioned above, plus potentially a programming change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM