2010 vs 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vblick

Reaction score
Besides the warranty, are there any real advantages for buying the 2011 model over the 2010?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about the HSE model, the 2011 has a few extra features including the LED accent lights, back-up camera, and a few other standards that the 2010 HSE did not offer. I think there is less of a difference in the Lux version, but I am not entirely sure.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 appears to have better reliability

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 appears to have better reliability

That's a pretty general statement without any additional facts to back it up.

I know true delta is a good site to look at but one would have to compare the 2011 to the same duration of the 2010 to be accurate. Even then, I'm not sure there is a big enough sample size on true delta for 2011 yet...haven't checked. That said, the first year models can potentially have a few more quarks, but I my personal experience has been very good.

There wasn't much of a change between those years as 2011 to 2012 with nav and others things. Dave is right, there were updates in the HSE line with standard led lights that were optional in 2010. I know for the lux, they stopped Giving the iPod cable standard and removed some standard features from 2010 lux(I think auto-leveling headlights) and made it an option in the new vision package in 2011, which ****** some folks off.

I think edmunds wil let you compare those years and also googling can turn up a comparison too. You can't go wrong with either if you have already made up your mind on an LR4.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty general statement without any additional facts to back it up.

What...your mama never told you to stay away from the first year models that always are less reliable than the consequent years?

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What...your mama never told you to stay away from the first year models that always are less reliable than the consequent years?

No, I was taught to actually think for myself and research the facts and not make lazy assumptions because any idiot can do that.:smile:

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to the items ougrad1 mentions (ipod cable, package options), I can think of a couple more.

I have the 2011, and my Nav allows me to enter destination while the car is in motion. I have hit the "agree" the first time I use Nav after each start, but after that, it is completely functional. Others here with 2010 have stated that they cannot enter destination while the car is in motion.

The 2011 (except for the early models) does not have voice activation. But if you really want it, they can add it back. There are a couple of commands I do use on occasion, but it's so poorly implemented I find I rarely use it.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2011, and my Nav allows me to enter destination while the car is in motion. I have hit the "agree" the first time I use Nav after each start, but after that, it is completely functional. Others here with 2010 have stated that they cannot enter destination while the car is in motion.

Does the 2012 also allow nav entry while in motion?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635