2011 LR4 Lux - Battery drain?? Bad battery??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SiLion

Reaction score
I bought a 2011 LR4 Lux on Wednesday. Everything was working fine until Friday. I went to lunch and spent about 20 minutes inside and when I came out my battery was dead. I had no issues with it overnight Wednesday or Thursday, so why would it suddenly die just 20 minutes after working perfectly? I'm pretty positive I didn't leave any lights on or any other logical explanation.

I'm freaking out..is this that start of some of the LR4 electrical horror stories? Or could I just need a new battery?

I'll probably get a new battery today just to rule that out. I've read there's a system that needs to be reset to monitor the infotainment system or something when you change the battery. Is that true?

Any help would be appreciated! My husband was completely against this car because of the unreliability issues we've read about so I really don't want this to go south already :/

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just need a battery as 4 years is about the average lifespan of the original battery. The dealer you bought it from may have charged it to keep it going and that simply ran out.

I just go to my Land Rover dealer when it's time for a battery. This way I know the correct battery gets installed and I recall their price was reasonable as well.

SiLion

Reaction score
Thanks. I got a Deka AGM battery this morning so hopefully it'll be that simple. The battery that was in there was an Interstate so that probably means it's been replaced at least once. The guy at AutoZone said the alternator tested okay, but not sure if he knew what he was talking about.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I got a Deka AGM battery this morning so hopefully it'll be that simple. The battery that was in there was an Interstate so that probably means it's been replaced at least once. The guy at AutoZone said the alternator tested okay, but not sure if he knew what he was talking about.

Whoa whoa whoa... hold on then. Your interstate battery is under warrantee for 3 years. Go take back that other battery and get it replaced! I had a two year old interstate that tested fine but my car would be dead after opening the doors couple times during camping or in the garage etc. I had them replace it and the new one has been great for the past 6 or so months.

Go get it replaced for FREE! :hello:

Last edited:

SiLion

Reaction score
Even though I wasn't the person who originally purchased the Interstate battery?

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I wasn't the person who originally purchased the Interstate battery?

Yes. Don't tell them that but you should be fine. The interstate was in my 11 LR4 as well when I purchased it from the original owner at 40k miles.

I just went to the interstate battery headquarters in my city and they tested it, then swapped it out. Even though my battery was testing in spec the issues I described were enough for them to swap it. I was pretty firm about them swapping it though.

I have interstate batteries in all three of my Euro vehicles, the oem spec/fit along with warrantee are hard to match.

Last edited:

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my interstate batteries lasted about 2.5 years. Got them replaced for free at interstate no questions asked every time. Interstate is the brand Land Rover uses on their lr4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9