2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soft Ware Patch 2011 Lr4

Has anyone else been able to get the voice activation restored by LR service recently?

I'm a new 2011 LR4 owner (Lux, Santorini Black/Almond, 20" wheels). Just picked-up last Friday and I love it so far, however disappointed to find the voice activated bluetooth disabled. The owner quick reference guide still refers to the voice activation as does the Land Rover website info about phone blue tooth connectivity. I probably won't use the navigation much, but I really want it for the phone. I had the same setup on my 2008 Grand Cherokee via UConnect... it was a bit clunky and sensitive to having to speak at the right time, but very useful for making phone calls.

My dealer service is checking with Land Rover USA. I was just wondering if anyone else has had success getting their dealer to complete the software update to restore. If I need to contact Land Rover USA, do I just use the contact info in the owner manuals, or does anyone have a contact they spoke with that worked with their dealer?

Thanks for any new info and looking forward to being a Land Rover owner for many years. Cheers!

Just had software installed by Dealer.Now have Voice regonition in my 2011LR4

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder if dealership will install the software patch. especially for free. i cant find any confirmation in this thread.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they would. I am getting mine installed next week.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soft Ware Patch 2011 Lr4

i wonder if dealership will install the software patch. especially for free. i cant find any confirmation in this thread.

Yes its Free if you complain that it was supposed to come with it in the first place.Its in your car manual how to use voice regonition and you dont have it on your LR4.
Also the 2012 Lr4 went back to DVD Navigation system.Threw out the old Hard Drive NAV. I had The DVD NAV. in my 05 LR3 and have no idea why they went to Hard Drive NAV. Now I have to get my 2011 LR4 Nav. updated at Dealer instead of just puting in a new DVD into my NAV. Player........

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its Free if you complain that it was supposed to come with it in the first place.Its in your car manual how to use voice regonition and you dont have it on your LR4.
Also the 2012 Lr4 went back to DVD Navigation system.Threw out the old Hard Drive NAV. I had The DVD NAV. in my 05 LR3 and have no idea why they went to Hard Drive NAV. Now I have to get my 2011 LR4 Nav. updated at Dealer instead of just puting in a new DVD into my NAV. Player........

i was kidding. how can i miss the 10 consecutive posts in this thread in addition to the 5 new topics you've started stating the same thing? foolish me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to call and see if I can make a service appointment to have the software put on my 2011 HSE. Thanks!

Rebel17

Reaction score
Yes they would. I am getting mine installed next week.
baobay, what exactly did you request from the dealer? I contacted LR Dallas about this today, and they indicated that there is no new update. Did you simply ask them to enable the voice controls?

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover USA got it done,Dealers are just oil changers and mud flap installers

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay, what exactly did you request from the dealer? I contacted LR Dallas about this today, and they indicated that there is no new update. Did you simply ask them to enable the voice controls?

I called them when I noticed that my 11 LR4 did not have it while my 10 that I traded in did. I asked why and if there was a way to activate the voice control in the 2011. They said absolutely and they will do it free of charge. Having it done next tuesday.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the voice control programed. Works great. Also had the tow electrics installed. Love the hitch assist and tow assist features.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635