2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the voice control programed. Works great. Also had the tow electrics installed. Love the hitch assist and tow assist features.

SO they are giving me the run around - sorry, can't be done because you don't have voice package on your options list. The lady told me I am missing actual HW modules and the button on the steering is not going anywhere.

Don't understand why the information she is giving me would be so different from your experience? Maybe the dealer just doesn't know.

I know someone said they had to escalate to LRNA - do you have an email or direct phone of someone there?

Thelocust

Reaction score
Are the LR dealers activating the voice only on those vehicles that are 2011 HSE LUX configuration or are they also doing it on the HSE models?

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
work at it

SO they are giving me the run around - sorry, can't be done because you don't have voice package on your options list. The lady told me I am missing actual HW modules and the button on the steering is not going anywhere.

Don't understand why the information she is giving me would be so different from your experience? Maybe the dealer just doesn't know.

I know someone said they had to escalate to LRNA - do you have an email or direct phone of someone there?

Just called number in book that comes with LR4.Dispute Resolution Procedures.They are stalling till you tell them its in the manual as standard equipment with Navigation,no option.Its a major safety issue without it on Bluetooth.I forced the issue and they did activate thru Rovers engineer

ntskip

Reaction score
Activated voice control at the 15K service . It appears that it was a software upgrade and / or they needed to unlock with a license key. In any case, I have used it for two days and it works fine. The only problem is that I don't have a complete list of the commands. Anybody have access to that?

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
I just had the 'update' installed. In fact, there is no software update. Rather, the service manager described it as an engineering setting that enabled the recognition. So, now I have a voice recognition system that is inept - same system that was on my 2007 RR is now active on my 2011 LR4. Did anyone truly get a software upgrade that is based on the 2012 voice system? An easy way to tell - Phone - Call - name (a name that is in your downloaded phone book, not something that was added by Phone Store Name. Let me know if anyone's update included the new system.

Thanks.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that some of us are getting a software (firmware) upgrade that enables voice recognition, it also appears that this is not only on the LUX but the HSE as well.

For those that got it activated. What are you actually using it for? I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering. We have it in our 2009 Acura TSX and never use it.

Thanks,

Marty

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that some of us are getting a software (firmware) upgrade that enables voice recognition, it also appears that this is not only on the LUX but the HSE as well.

For those that got it activated. What are you actually using it for? I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering. We have it in our 2009 Acura TSX and never use it.

Thanks,

Marty

I use it to make phone calls, rarely. Now with the iPhone 4S, I never use the LR voice recognition. I had mine activated a couple of months ago. It is not an upgrade, just the same old inept voice recognition, I do not know if it is different in the 2012 model year.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it to make phone calls, rarely. Now with the iPhone 4S, I never use the LR voice recognition. I had mine activated a couple of months ago. It is not an upgrade, just the same old inept voice recognition, I do not know if it is different in the 2012 model year.

Are you just triggering Siri by holding down the home button? I'm wondering/wishing there were some way to trigger it off the steering wheel.

It also appears that I have to "end' the call when I'm done using it. For instance: I push the "home" button to activate Siri. I ask her to read text messages. She informs me there are no new texts. After that it's just dead air until I hit the "end" button on the steering wheel.

Thanks,

Marty

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you just triggering Siri by holding down the home button? I'm wondering/wishing there were some way to trigger it off the steering wheel.

It also appears that I have to "end' the call when I'm done using it. For instance: I push the "home" button to activate Siri. I ask her to read text messages. She informs me there are no new texts. After that it's just dead air until I hit the "end" button on the steering wheel.

Thanks,

Marty

Yes Marty, I have to hit the home button. I wish there were a way to do via the steering wheel but I seriously doubt it can be done. I don't have to hit the end button. It disconnects after reading the message or ending the call.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635