2013 LR4 Low Beam Intermittent Bulb Outage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

npollardtx

Reaction score
You've got to watch out buying bulbs online. There are a lot of counterfeit "name brand" bulbs out there, and the fake ones fail catastrophically.
I bought them locally. I live in a teeny town and I took back the 3 that were left and they refunded the entire amount! Small towns for ya.

Paul Skinner

Reaction score
I know what I did! As I took the headlamp unit to the tailgate to change the bulbs I flipped the unit. Took the wrong bulb to purchase the replacement and the remainder you all know!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I get it now... You grabbed the high beam halogen... Glad everything is working now.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check to make sure that the replacement bulb is properly seated. The xenon bulbs can seem that way and then they'll flicker until you reinstall firmly.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what I did! As I took the headlamp unit to the tailgate to change the bulbs I flipped the unit. Took the wrong bulb to purchase the replacement and the remainder you all know!

Every time I put new bulbs in I replace both of them including the one that still works. I keep the working ones as spares in case I ever get caught someplace where I can only replace one. That said, I always wind up staring and confirming which lamp is being replaced for this exact reason. And to maximize the duration of my fading short term memory, I just change the bulbs right under the hood. Put a soft towel down over the engine bay and it will also serve to catch any small bits that might fall into the abyss. The good news is that it will probably never happen to you again after this lesson.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found bulb replacement on the LR3/4 very easy. No tools required.

Agreed. I even did it in the frozen parking lot of a NJ Walmart one time when I lost a bulb during a road trip. I only used tools the time I did the Dremel trimming mod on an H9 bulb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM