2014 LR4 lux delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
The x5 diesel is awesome, this is my first Diesel engine and I would not trade it for the gas version. Mine is a 2011 at it only has the 6 speed trans and I get 22mpg in normal mixed driving. I can get 26-28 on the highway if I keep it below 80mph. The new x5 diesel is coming out in q1 2014 with an 8 speed trans, that should put the mpg closer to 30mpg highway. The diesel really pulls off the line with over 400 ft of torque, it does fall off once you get it up over 40 mpg but I'm not using it for drag racing. The thing that I like about it is after 40k miles it's only been in the shop for oil changes and urea fill ups, both of which are free for the first 5 years or 50k miles. The car calls home to BMW when it wants service and they email me to see when they can come get it. For me I'll stick with my x5, my wife on the other hand loves her LR (this is her third). It's a tank and she always feels safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would really be great is if they stuck the Diesel engine from your X5 in this that would make me jump all over it.
Curious to hear your thought about that engine in your X5

If we were doing engine swaps, I'd much rather take the current 445hp / 480 lb-ft of tq (2k-5k rpm!) twin turbo V8 with the 8 speed transmission. Mmm! :proud:

I had a 2012 X5 with the 400hp version and a 2013 X6 with the Tu (440hp) version. They were beasts!

Sold them for the Disco's offroad prowess.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up today, more details to follow
9a2urehu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. I thought LR was changing the LR across the clam shell hood to Discovery?

I'm glad they didn't.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Looks awesome. Sad to see the low-range switch missing, but the front of the truck looks way better than I anticipated. Great color combo too- very classy. Congrats!

It is very strange not seeing that in such a traditional Rover. Doesn't even have rock crawler mode either. It is like the Evoque switch gear.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew. I'm sad, David. :frown:
I don't mind the outside changes, but I am not a fan of the interior or engine changes. Did you see I switched out my wheels/tires to 18" Compomotives/BFGs? I forgot to send you an e-mail.

I am heading to Hollister (likely) on January 3rd - you should join me. You can ride along with me and be my photographer :)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the outside changes, but I am not a fan of the interior or engine changes. Did you see I switched out my wheels/tires to 18" Compomotives/BFGs? I forgot to send you an e-mail.

I am heading to Hollister (likely) on January 3rd - you should join me. You can ride along with me and be my photographer :)

Please send me pics! I bet your rig looks awesome by now. I've been so preoccupied as of late. Just very busy at work and at home. Would love to join you guys but I have work on the 3rd and have a dentist appointment on the 4th. :frown:

Photographer? Awesome :proud:

I'm ready to get my truck dirty...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please send me pics! I bet your rig looks awesome by now. I've been so preoccupied as of late. Just very busy at work and at home. Would love to join you guys but I have work on the 3rd and have a dentist appointment on the 4th. :frown:

Photographer? Awesome :proud:

I'm ready to get my truck dirty...
Here are a few links:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24993&page=3

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/EireAngus/library/?sort=3&page=1

Maybe in February? We will stay in touch.

-David

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM