22" Redbourne Saxons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right. I just can't believe the mindset here that if you don't off-road your $50,000 vehicle then you're wasting it.
This link will give you more ideas : http://www.kahndesign.com/automotive/projectkahn/?page=discovery/stage2&id=discost2&make=landrover

If this is what you like go for it, However IMHO a RSS or RR would be more suitable ( sleeker looking) but....thats just me:)

While the LR3 has many comfort/lux features it comes from a long line of vehicles that are legendary in off road performance and durability (over 70% ever made are still in service.) That is why many of us are so passionate . I can go on trails that would thwart lesser suv's yet ride home in near limo comfort .

John @ 45k and still can't wipe the grin off!

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an artist's rendition:
lr3.jpg

Gangstaaa

But really if there was one thing that would make me want to off-road my LR3, it's looking at pictures of nwoods LR3. That thing is just nasty.

Last edited:

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One could also argue for comprehensible communication.

Touché!

I'm in a similar boat as mustbeaudi and GrahamWelland - our LR3 serves as on an on-road vehicle 99% of the time. I often wish it were otherwise, but life has time constraints!

While it's been nice to have this winter (one of the colder January's on record for Southern Ontario, Canada) it's really not a requirement - there's really only been a handful of times where my 3 series BMW wouldn't have made it through, which in restrospect is probably enough for me to justify the purchase.

In the end I just wanted a comfortable go-anywhere vehicle were I wouldn't have to worry about the conditions (and since it's the daily driver for my wife in the winter, it's also a nice peice of mind). For the 1% of the time we're off road, it's just a great bonus. I like to think of it as "preparedness". And with the climate during our purchase (a few months ago) the cost vs. options/capabilities was great.

In regards to 22s - I'm not a big fan because it would seem to limit the vehicles usefulness for our purposes - not many 22 inch snow tires abound. If the usefulness factor doesn't play into the equation, I'd say to each their own... as long as I can still wince when I see 'em! :biggrin:

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually a real photo of my ride and my girlfriend. I just added the gray background in Photoshop.

and in case you were wondering, I got the bonet seating option installed.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Your girlfriend's right thigh looks like the inside of a Goodyear Wrangler HP after 25,000 miles on an LR3! That and she needs a tan...

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeeesus christ... somehow you managed to bust out complaints on a chick in a bikini.. sadly impressive, haha... shes not that pale, for a white chick.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM