255/55/19 Cooper Zeons are a GO!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ablood008

Reaction score
EightLug.....How are they? Is this the best tire for the 19" rim right now?

I drive mostly on the highway but want to be able to take it off road at times. I work in the oil field so sometimes getting to work is hard part....Crazy lease roads and gravel roads. Need something thats gonna last and not get me stuck in the Red Dirt/Clay....thick black loam....etc...Wouldnt mind going on some trail rides and stuff too but no serious rock crawling or anything. Its not practical for me to change tires either.

Ablood....any updates? Noise...traction...?

I'm a big fan of these tires thus far. Behave nicely on the road, not much noise at all, look great and have a nice ride to them. Can't comment on the tread life because I have not had them very long. Taken them through some mud holes without any problem at all. I did a little rough necking last year so I know what you mean about the crazy lease roads. In my opinion these should tackle those lease roads with ease while behaving just as nicely on the highway. Great tire. Highly recommended!

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll echo ablood's sentiments about the tire word for word. Tires, to me were suprisingly quiet. I installed them on our Range Rover. Great highway manners.

Turbo512

Reaction score
Thanks guys

So far they seem to be the best tire for the 19"....at least if the Pirelli ATR is out of stock. I guess that depends on what you're looking for too.

newthings

Reaction score
I got mine on last week. So far, so good. I bot a 19" rim for a full sized spare and kept the best tire for that job. The 255/55/19 fit the spare hole, but the winch would not pull up the assembly. The tire shop used two floor jacks to bring up the tire and rim and the winch was able to pull tight. So, I find the winch is not a reliable part and should be replaced for about $300. I suspect the winch had never been used from the look of the tiny spare.
I am considering a mod using a small ATV 12 volt winch to bring a tab of metal up through the floor so I can put in a pin. The rubber contact points in the spare well may apply enough of a load for the pin not to be loose and have the spare rattle around. If not, I will use a lawn tractor inner tube. A 2000lb. winch would not be useful for recovery, but, since I live in the sticks, I sometimes could use a winch to drag a pile of brush or limbs up the hill. A quick method of winch unmounting and remounting on a hitch receiver, would make the winch into a dual use device.
I will post photos if this looks like a go.
Roy

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone post some pics of their Cooper Zeons on their 19" rims please?

newthings

Reaction score
Cooper 19"

IMG_0551.JPG

View attachment 2808

View attachment 2809

Cheers, Roy

Last edited:

newthings

Reaction score
My first attempt at uploading. More picture than you probably want.
You can count the nose hairs. I need to figure out how to scale or reduce the resolution..
Anyway, you got pictures.
Roy

4advtr

Reaction score
Any update on these? I'm thinking about ordering a set this week from Discount Tire. Seem to be a good alternative to having to locate 18" rims to get decent A/T tires. Also prefer the stock size for fuel mileage and towing.

4advtr

Reaction score
No problems.
Roy

Any change in MPG? What about road noise? I assume on road handling is good as well? Also did you get a matching spare? And lastly, does it fit into the stock location?

I have a feeling these might be hard to find as Discount Tire was telling me that a quick search only turned up 1 tire. They were going to call Cooper Tires or their distributor and see how soon they could get the rest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72