5 New Compromotives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm selling five brand new Compomotives in Anthracite Grey. They're Still new in the box and have never been mounted. I also have five new 315mhz TPMS modules so that you can keep the stock wheels and tires as is.

I Paid:

Wheels: $ 2,234
Duty: $ 45
TPMS: $ 376
===========
Total: $ 2,655

I'll ship the set to you for $2,700

***** Reduced to $2,500 *****

--------------------------------------------------

I bought them to replace my 20x9 Redbourne Duke's, but just can't bring myself to do it. I like the looks and I'm used to the rub. My 20" tires have plenty of rubber, so changing them out makes less sense today than it did the day I ordered the Compo's. PM me if your interested.

(Edited to add Pics)

Attachments

• Compomotive_PD1880_1.jpg
    Compomotive_PD1880_1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Compomotive_PD1880_2.jpg
    Compomotive_PD1880_2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They would look great I think. I have the black and I think this color would stand out just a little bit more and look great. You could always get the re-powder coated for not a ton of money, but the finish from compo is really very good.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kevin:

Don't want to derail your thread too much and you can PM me if you want.

How do your 20x9.5" wheels work on your LR4? Any Rubbing? How do you feel the 275/55 does off-road? I assume you would have some rock rash with the lower profile tire on the 20?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have a set myself. These are amazing wheels gents!

Paired up with good 18" off road tires, these completely transform the ability of the Discovery. An added bonus I also found was a more comfortable ride on-road with the added sidewall. The Anthracite Grey is also fantastic in hiding brake dust.

These are absolutely worth the $.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want feedback?

I would love to take these off your hands but there are 2 things that are stopping me.

OK, epiclr4, now I am curious! I am wondering if I need to get new wheels/tires from my (arriving in June) Nara Bronze LR4. I don't plan on doing anything but very moderate off road until September when I will go to the Ouray, Silverton and Telluride area of Colorado and then over to Moab.

Should I get wheels like this? Are the necessary? Why not get them straight from the manufacturer? Are there other 18" options?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, epiclr4, now I am curious! I am wondering if I need to get new wheels/tires from my (arriving in June) Nara Bronze LR4. I don't plan on doing anything but very moderate off road until September when I will go to the Ouray, Silverton and Telluride area of Colorado and then over to Moab.

Should I get wheels like this? Are the necessary? Why not get them straight from the manufacturer? Are there other 18" options?
The grey would look great on your Nara Bronze.

With that said, I absolutely think the 18" wheels are the best and most important modification if you plan to do any off roading. Don't get me wrong, the 19" wheels are fine, I've done plenty of off roading in them when I had my 2011, but the options are just far greater with the 18" wheels. I was amazed at the capability of a good AT tire - it makes all the difference. Plus, there are various terrains in which I wouldn't venture to without having a strong sidewall and plenty of chunky tread. The areas you want to go to would be fine with 19" tires, but I do suggest you bring 1-2 extras, as I know parts of where you describe and it can be get a bit sharp.

There are several folks on this forum who have other 18" wheels in which they either custom drilled or used the 30mm spacers to fit their LR4. I think this is fine, but I personally wanted the Compomotives because they fit so well and I like the look. These are the only 18" wheels that clear the calipers without modifying them or using spacers.

You can definitely buy directly from Compomotive like I did, but it seems as though ExPat is giving a good deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99