50-55...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

vanhorn4philly

My 97 disco shifts smoothly until i reach 50 mph. when i hit 50 it shifts smoothly into it, but when i release the gas pedal the car jerks, it only does then when i'm in the 50s, once in the 60s and beyond...i can let go of the gas without the ****. does anyone know what can cause this problem? thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say it jerks, to you mean like it almost stalls, or just feels odd kind of ****?

If almost stall kind of felling, possibly the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) could be going.

If just an odd ****... at 50 miles per hour the Torque converter locks and unlocks, depending on if speeding up or slowing down. I would recommend a good transmission fluid change, and you should be fine.... that is if it jerks hard, if just enough to make you go hmmm what was that. This is normal due to the heaviness of the vehicle.

R

ricklandrover

I am having the same problem and have had it for about 6 months, I am having a transmission shop look at it this week, mine jerks when I take my foot on the gas and it feels like it downshifts also. The tranny shop said they will look into it and it should be a quick fix, I'll post my results ASAP!

V

vanhorn4philly

yeah i took mine to the dealer like 5 months ago...and of course they said they couldnt feel that problem---but trust me, they found plenty of other stuff to charge me for. they messed w/ something and said it should fix it...but it didnt..so if anyone can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated. 97 disco 85000 miles

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112