$50 DI fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an air-tex 3270 fuel pump today. (new, ebay)

It 's something that most of you shouldn't be afraid of, if you need a new fuel pump.

I'm more than capable, but I'm real lazy.

I had gotten down to 28# on the fuel rail, leading to (I think), a sluggishness @ idle until well warmed up.

A month ago, I had 30# at the rail.

Now I have #40 at the rail, it jumps off idle nicely.

The pump appeared to be original (13yrs?), I had a hell of a time getting the steel ring off
for all the rust.
Took just over an hour,

luck,greg

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg: that's a great price. How did you derive as to wether it would fit and how about the quality? I'm flirting with disaster as my 95 is original with 140,000.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a great find - thanks for posting
was it just a drop in? did you have to mod anything?

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read about this from a variety of sources, decided to try it as I was certain my pump was on borrowed time.

I'm not 100% certain about the '95 application, but if it's included in compatibility with an OEM pump, then you should be good.

It IS a drop-in, except the OEM discharge hose is crazy to get off old pump.

I had some 3/8 fuel line that I used, with clamps, which should have been 5/16, probably. It went well.

Also the internal pedestal base of the old pump couldn't be used, as the 3/8 was not
flexible enough. You'd see once it's out.

That air-tex is the OEM manufacturer for ac-delco. the 3270 is used on several GM pickup trucks mid 90's to early 2000"s.

They list all day for around $80.

luck,greg

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg,
That is a great fix for the fuel pump especially if you only need to replace you pump and not the extremely expensive sending unit. I did a similar replacment a few months ago and it works great. I was going to buy the unit you bought off Ebay but was unsure of compatability, so I bought a fuel pump rebuild kit from my local Bap-Geon I think it was around $80 came with the pump new filter and the hoses and clamps. Aside from having to change this in the middle of a blizzard I was really happy with the installation.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll see, it's only the second day,LOL

The bag was open, the filter was missing, but I used the OEM, worked fine.

luck,greg

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about the bag being open. Just as long as you installed it just as you removed the old one. I made the mistake of not tightening the supply line and a week later the line came off, and I got really mad when the Rover wouldn't start. But the new pump has been working without flaw for just over 4 months. It is even quieter than the stock pump.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM