88 Classic 2' inch lift MAX tire clearance question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nubie here! (uh oh)
SLAM!! go a question for you.
My tires are rubbing on the inside during full turn. BFG 245/75 R16`s
The steering adjuster bolt you are showing in your pic, I can assume on both sides they need to be adjusted exactly the same right? How do you know if you messed up during the process?
Or is it just do it as close as you can?

S

SNNIPER

Nathan The Both Bolts Should Be The Same.to Tell You The Truth When I Put On My 265/85/16 I Didnt Even Adjust The Bolts I Just Dont Turn The Wheel That Sharp And They Dont Rub.but I Had To Do A 2.5" Body Lift And A 3-4" Suspension Lift But It Is Worth It.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx Snniper
I`m sure with 265/85`s your ride looks brutal! :biggrin: :bandit:
I have been trying not to turn the wheel to much to avoid rubbin, but sometimes I get forgetful when backing up. :biggrin: I`ll give the bolts a turn when I get home and see what happens.
I`m running a 2" Old Man-Emu lift and have no problems except the annoying feeling of the rubbin. :biggrin:

Thanx all!!
N8

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the vehicle in park and turned the wheels until they were rubbing. Then I got under the vehicle and adjusted the bolt until it touched. Next I turned the wheel the other way until it rubbed. Then I got under it and adjusted the bolt. I had to make minor adjustments after the intial adjustments, but it did all work perfectly in the end. Hopefully this helps. Take 10 min to do it right!

S

siambxr

N8tabasco, I was wondering if you had a photo off your Rover I have the same setup 245/75/16s but haven't put the OME 2' lift yet was wondering how the tires would look or I may have to go 265/75/16s hehe ...
The Rover does great in Hollister but just needs a weee bit more clearance to do some of the black diamonds.. Can't wait to go 4wheelin' when the rains get here, just too dusty on summer time..

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a few pics :biggrin: Hopefully I can get them to work on here, still getting used to this site. It doesn`t look like much cuz of the tires, but it`s there.

Attachments

• truck 004.jpg
    truck 004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 70
  • truck 012.jpg
    truck 012.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
S

siambxr

Cool N8tabasco, I'll be putting my springs this weekend. along with a pair of QT diff guards, off set tie rod and a damper relocator kit.. it's gonna be a Rover day Saturday I guess.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice one! :biggrin:
Be sure and post some pics when you are done! :bandit:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the rubbing to stop?

Latest posts

Forum statistics