88 Classic 2' inch lift MAX tire clearance question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

siambxr

Slam said:
Did you get the rubbing to stop?

me? no more rub after a few turns on the steering stops with 245/75/16s with stock spings but it's a must to fold the fender trim in the rear well. I'm sure this is all N8tabasco needs to do and no more problemo. Thinking of putting some Super Swamper Thornbirds 31 X 11.00r 16 or 30 X 11.50r 16 has lots of clearance with the HD OME lift...

Attachments

• RockyRover.jpg
    RockyRover.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
S

siambxr

siambxr said:
me? no more rub after a few turns on the steering stops with 245/75/16s with stock spings but it's a must to fold the fender trim in the rear well. I'm sure this is all N8tabasco needs to do and no more problemo. Thinking of putting some Super Swamper Thornbirds 31 X 11.00r 16 or 30 X 11.50r 16 has lots of clearance with the HD OME lift...

Okay I was doing some cross reference between the 265/75/16 and the 31 x 11.00R 16s… they are almost the same but the 31 x 11.00r 16s are half an inch wider.. anyone think this would clear with no problemos ? :confused:

Edit : my mistake, reading more I found out that 265/75.16s are wider than 30 X 11.50r 16 hmmm .

AHH FAN IT! I guess to fill in the gap from the OME lift I got Sawamper Trxus 265/75/16 .. When will the spending end.. stop already hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry haven`t gotten back for a while guys.
Been busy with moving to Washington state!!! Wooo hoooo!!! No more desert for me!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I didn`t even mess with the steering stops. I just decided to leave it be and not turn the wheel as hard. :biggrin:

scottwoodd8

Reaction score
Sorry haven`t gotten back for a while guys.
Been busy with moving to Washington state!!! Wooo hoooo!!! No more desert for me!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I didn`t even mess with the steering stops. I just decided to leave it be and not turn the wheel as hard. :biggrin:

hey man i have just moved to WA too and i have seen that you've been here for almost a decade so may i just ask you which is the best one in here: Washington List of mechanics. New here in the state and i don't know where to go for my beast. ;(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM