93 rrc electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

headhunter

Reaction score
has the 4.2l and eas fully operational
ok so far the problems are
rearview mirror not dim, but maplights work
sunroof not work
interior lights, (courtesy light)
drivers seat no move(power at 30a fuse under driverseat, none at switch)
cruise
power mirrors
stereo
emergency flashers
and now the heater(when i first got it the heater worked, when i put on the high beams it would kick fan to high
and i believe the water pump is gone(leaking, could it be just the seal)
abs light and traction control lights on in dash(sometimes they are both off, but usually on)
hi/lo shifter not shift from hi
was told everything was working including the sunroof :ahhhhh:
can anybody help with any of these issues,
all help is greatly appreciated

headhunter

Reaction score
ok it seems after the ignition switch the brown power wire doesn't have 12volts in a lot of places, is there a large joint section somewhere in the harness i should check

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could say yes, but with all these issues it is hard to diagnose without being able to read out all the electrics...

It sounds to me like you have some grounding issues... I would start by checking all the grounds for each circuit.

Hi/Lo shifter - you will need to remove the center console and lube and work till it breaks free. Known issue with rovers, if you don't use it it will freeze up.

Water pump, depending on the mileage would be better to change... when it dies so will the engine.

ABS lights could just be a dirty sensor. Try cleaning a reseating them.

I know this isn't much help, but without being there it is hard to help... some issues just need hands on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM