98 Disco with problem idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameroncorral

Reaction score
hey joey, your buddy nathan was a lifesaver! he was able to find me an almost new fuel pump for about 150 dollars! i am grateful beyond words! i will let my rover friends have his number and your praise anytime! THANKS AGAIN

Samoy

Reaction score
I have a Disco 98. It won't start. I have changed the fuel pump, but still won't start.
I have less than a quarter amount of fuel in the tank. Do I need to add fuel and try it agian?
Could it be that the new fuel pump is defective??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Answered question in your other post.

cameroncorral

Reaction score
hey joey, got another question for you. i tried to take the old fuel pump out the other day and i am having a hell of time getting it to come out. the ring that covers the fuel pump is stuck or just to tight to use a strap wrench. i have tried three different strap wrenches and even went online and purchased a oil filter wrench, with no avail. any thoughts would be helpful. thanks again

Samoy

Reaction score
I had the same problem with mine.
The best thing would be to take a screw driver and hammer it through the edges of the ring cover. It should work.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hammer and screw driver is what I used last.

cameroncorral

Reaction score
tried that initially too. will try again just to make sure. this may sound stupid but, is it threaded backwards?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo