A Question About the Stereo System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_Mike

Reaction score
In my 2001 Discovery, I have tweeters mounted in the A-frames plus mid-range and bass speakers in the front doors (plus speakers in the rear doors and tailgate). The mid-range speaker covers do not say Harmon Kardon, however the dealer assured me that they were. Short of ripping them out and looking at the back of the speakers, do I have Harmon Kardon or not?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say yes, this is what was installed at the factory. Unless of course they were changed.

H Hill

Reaction score
If the mid range speaker measure about 80 mm, it's the Harmon Kardon. They are an odd size and only available from HK, but only through the dealer. About $100+

r_bloom01

Reaction score
i have a 2000 Disco to and mine say it... i have a blown speaker, but by god it says Hamon carmon on it.. i will trade you, if your work better

H Hill

Reaction score
Bought the new one through my LR dealer. Easy to change, pop off the door card, unplug and then unscrew the retaining ring. Easy job

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys just repair the speaker that is blown? They are easy to fix, If the coil is burned, just cut out the burn and re-solder it. If the cone has separated or cracked then re-glue it or add a patch. simple as that. Usually they just need glue to fix cracks from cranking up the volume, If you hear static through the speaker, chances are they need glue.

NC_Mike

Reaction score
It seems I do not have Harmon/Kardon speakers. The midrange covers don't lie. H/K speakers say "Harmon/Kardon" on the actual speakers themselves. Otherwise they are labeled "Land Rover", as are mine.

Stereo still sounds great. Sometimes you can find a complete set of used H/Ks on eBay for just over $150 from lkqonline.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4