ABS, Hill Decent, and Traction control light all came on at once!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rover02

Hey, I really need help. All these lights come on. I took the rover back to the dealership and they said it was because i used aftermarket parts. My ABS and traction control work fine. Is there any way i can reset or turn off these lights?

D

discomike

No, on an 02 the dealer has to use a test book to reset the codes.
What parts, by brand, did you use? Did you do pads and rotors, if so whos?
May have an answer for you.
Mike J.

M

MoJoWebCast

I have the same problem on my '00. Haven't had the time to take the landy to the dealer to reset it.

D

discomike

So after installing the pads and rotors what happened that caused the light to go on? Did they get hot or noisey? Did you use any type of sound deadening material on the back of the pads prior to instalation?
Don't do anything about resetting the light for awhile, it is not a saftey issue. Let the pads and rotors reall seat in, add the sound deadening material if you didn't and then have the light turned off.
The reason it came on, as mine did when I went to DBA rotors and kevlar pads is because during the breaking in period, the pads chatter too much on the rotors and the sensors pick it up as a problem. Once they have really seated in this usually won't happen again unless you are really pushing it hard and they over heat, that's why I suggest the sound deadening material, lessens the chance of the pads getting noisey, especially when hot, and chattering again.
Mine haven't come on again after breaking in properlt and using the sound deadening material, 25,000 miles ago.
Good luck and if you have any questions get back to me.
Mike J.

qadhafi

Reaction score
I had the same 3 lights come on and took it to the Dealership. They replaced the ABS pump. You might want to have them look at it again.

D

discomike

ABS lights will come on for many reasons, they can be frustrating, but I believe his are on because of the pads. I have seen many people go through this, and if he is lucky, it will pass after the test book resetting.
Mike J.

M

MoJoWebCast

I just had aftermarket rotors and pads installed. Lights turned on when I was on the freeway.

D

discomike

MoJo,
In your case, I bet you knocked a ABS sensor or the connector, out of position. You might want to check and see. Do the shop use sound deadening material on the back of the pads?
I would talk to them and have them check and reset everything.
Mike J.

M

MoJoWebCast

discomike,

I tried checking my self but I couldn't get the lugs off. I ended up bending the oem lug wrench. Thanks for the advise, I'll contact the shop that did the work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635