Air Shocks completely deflating randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magmaman

Reaction score
Greeting! I have to admit, this is one of the most informative Land Rover Forums out there. Thank you all for taking the time to post!
I have a 2002 Disco II SE7. 60k miles. Almost daily my Air shocks completely deflate to the point that it doesn't look normal. It sometimes happens right when I get out of the car and sometimes hours later. When I start it, it go back up and levels off just fine. Sorry for the lack of Mechanical terminology.
I have searched high and low and cant find any thread with the same problem but I know its in here somewhere.

Thanks for any help here.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad air bag if both are deflating. about 30 minutes to an hour to change...

or you can replace with springs...

Here is the link to the forum sponsers site for discovery's:

http://www.strutmasters.com/range-rover-discovery-suspension-s/100.htm

Not sure about how this price compares, but they are the only ones the offer a life time warranty.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
forgot to mention I believe they offer a discount if you mention you read about them here on this forum.

magmaman

Reaction score
Do these essentially replace the air bags so the air suspension wont work anymore? Dumb question, I know, but I just have to ask. Any idea on how the performance will be?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can either go with the conversion kit... i.e. air bags removed and springs installed, or you can buy the new air bags which they sell as well and you just change out the air bags and restart the engine and you done...

strutmastr

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a hole or cracks in your airbag. When this happens the compressor has to work double time to compensate for the air that is escaping. This causes the compressor to eventually die. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. The kit converts you from the air to powder coated, American made steel coil springs that are guaranteed to last the life of the car. I posted the link below so you can take a look

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

Hopefully this will help you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM