Air Suspension vs. Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvd

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to get the consensus,
DII drivers, Whats your preference?
Thanks,
Healthy & Happy New year.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't own a D2, but if I did (after helping assist with too many issues) I would remove and replace with coils.

I might consider the air assist on the rear coils, but that is still debatable.

A

amvauto

Air all the way...the ride is very nice and to replace the bags, take care of the pump..it costs $100.00 and takes 20 min. Resale value stays as well....everyone sas the ride stays the same after the conversion....but don't believe it....think about it ...air ride or springs...air to me sounds softer.....:) my 1.5 cents...

disco tx

Reaction score
amvauto, hi you say it costs $100 for the air suspension bags.please tell me where i can get them for that price.thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You may want to try PM or email... he hasn't been on the site in a couple of months.

strutmastr

Reaction score
I Would go with springs. I understand people enjoying the air ride but I promise it is more trouble than it is worth. Compressors have a 100% failure rate. What will happen is the airbag will end up getting a hole or tiny crack in it so the compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag kills the compressor and you have to parts you have to constantly keep buying. With air suspension there is never a permanent fix. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at the conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. And for a very affordable cost. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM