Air to coil suspension replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

billionaireboy

Is it easier to just do it myself. how hard is it. can someone give me the details of swapping from air to coilovers? also any brand suggestions or people you know selling any. this land rover mechanics wants to charge me 1800 to replace the suspension. is that a good deal? Help ya boy out.

shupack

Reaction score
you can overhaul your EAS for much less than that, it is a DIY job. I PM'd you.

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
$1800 is way to much, prices range from 1100 to 1400. What is wrong with your air system? The conversion is not complicated you just have to have the ability to raise the vehicle and do the grunt work.

N

nickyill

1- you didn't say what truck you have (and that makes a big difference)
2- www.dap-inc.com & www.rovertym.com both have good lifts
3- ANYBODY can do this, take it to a local shop with the parts and have them install, got mine done on my 95 RRC (after buying parts) for $150.00
4 - Land Rover dealers don't give "ggod deals"

strutmastr

Reaction score
I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. The kit also comes with DETAILED instructions so that any mechanic should be able to do it. Airbags and compressors are constantly having to be replaced. Also something alot of people don't know is that theses air suspensions are not meant to be in temperatures above 90 Degrees or below 40 Degrees. That is most of the world. The temperature will cause you to replace alot of bags. and typically when your replacing a bag you are going to have to replace the compressor to because the bag had a hole or small crack in it causing the compressor to over work and it will die. I posted the link below so you can take a look

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM