Android integrated with factory screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DugLR4

Reaction score
where can you get this and does it work for apple CarPlay ?

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would even bother with this if you have a phone connected via Bluetooth. You can do Navi and music from the phone and get a dash mount. Android 4.4 is archaic and you'll likely just fight with costly upgrades later. Spend a few $ and get a spare tablet or phone and just permamount it with a nice holder. My navigation / factory system is just a dumb BT repeater at this point.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I

I have the factory navigation and am still considering this. I'd most times rather get lost than use the factory user interface.

Still, though, for the $850 USD asking price for the ANDY solution, the idea of just somehow mounting an iPad over the factory unit may be more compelling, if less elegant.

Indeed, $850 and it's about of the box. It is nice to have Car Play in your factory screen but the cost is high for the benefit you get. I rather buy latest iPad (either "regular" - $459, or Pro - $779) with cellular service as it has the GPS chip, or similar Android tablet. For me use would be mostly for navigation and audio streaming.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72