Another Leak ...Its Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
So I have had my Rover parked for the last hour or so and I noticed a HUGE puddle of coolant on the ground!! No hoses are leaking that I can tell .. I got under there and it looks like its coming from the MAIN SEAL near the trans?? This is not for certain I am just assuming ... ANY HELP WOULD BE EVER SO appreciated !! Help ......

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa - let me be first to ask - are you sure its coolant and not just condensate from A/C? :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
No you guys this is SERIOUS!!!! I keep smelling it too..... I got it all in my hair .. I think I am going to cry...I just started the rover again and now its not leaking? I put a towel under there to see where its coming from? I sware its coming from the engine..Between the trans and the engine.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I remember hearing that swish .. swoosh of water on the right side when I started it this morning...You know sounds like water coming from the glove box? I can not take it anymore!! I am trading this thing in ............Ahhhhhhh!! How could I have time for a family or a boyfriend for that matter?? No, I have a Rover ..which takes up ALL OF TIME!!!!! (I think I am having a nervous "rover" breakdown)...Ok I think I am done venting for now..Any thoughts on the ^!**!!!$# leak??

Last edited:
D

discomike

Melissa, that would be a site, a video of you having a Rover attack.
So I am thinking heater hose or intake manifold gasket. How is that old white milkey place on your engine? Check and see if there is any what on your dip stick or on the inside of your oil cap. How fast is your coolant bottle dropping?
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uzbad said:
Melissa - let me be first to ask - are you sure its coolant and not just condensate from A/C? :)

I'm sure she did the ol' taste test again, so she must be sure. :biggrin: :tongue:

D

discomike

Mike,
Thanks for reminding me, how could we have doubted her knowing that she always applies the taste test to her diagnostic observations.
She is going to hate us.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
OK after 12 Excedrin and a shot of whiskey .. I have calmed down. Sergei just emailed me and told me to drive around and see if it happens again. I did that and the leak is not back yet.. Mike I did as you said on the dip stick but nothing (no milky stuff) and cant not get the oil cap off because now the whole damn thing turns ...Ahh!! I think I am going to get sick. Yes, Monty it is antifreeze ( I think that is why my belly hurts.. I can understand how that stuff will **** dogs). Mike I am @ a loss.. I seriously think I am trading this thing in TONIGHT!
I thought it might be the expansion tank leaking, but it is fine! Not a single drop anywhere on the expansion tank. The leak was for sure coming from some where under the Rover near the transmission or there about.. Any other thoughts guys?? I am at my last straw with the rover...

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thats not funny Mike or Monty.. I seriously am about to cry or pass out from the heat. :bawling:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM