Another Leak ...Its Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tmiller1 said:
On a happier note, once you have your law degree, and you find suitable employment, you should be able to afford either a) all of those repairs, or b) a new(er) rover with fewer problems.

Or work for the state, and have to find shadetree (dare I say "Gerry-rigged"?) means by which to fix and/or improve things :biggrin:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DON'T PAY A FRICKIN' DIME YET!

(There, got yer attention?) :biggrin:

Your fluid levels are fine, and I'd bet you're losing fluid from expansion/overflow, not from something else. Give it another day or so...

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, now, having read Sergei's post, I feel even better about this.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thank you! It was my coolant in the driveway --I was the only one at the house all day in the same spot.. However that picture was taken hot ( I could see the steam coming from the tank) and I did add a bit of water yesterday (not too much like about 1/2 cup). I will just watch the drive way today.. Serg I need to maybe drain and use 50/50 == Water and Coolant right? It was flushed at 60K miles when I had the checkup done @ LR Austin.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it cool down a bit (mine normally takes about 30 mins after driving) and check out. If level will stay around this cross-shaped thing - its ok. Nothing to worry about.

Reason why i brought up 50/50 is b/c its cooling better for hot seasons. Wintery drive is 30/70 so coolant wouldnt freeze there (hence "anti-freeze" - another name). Basically - more water in mixture - better cooling is. I swapped both of me trucks to 50/50 and they seems to be doing ok in colorado winters :)

D

discomike

Melissa,
Don't let the dealer do any work until they do a pressure test, don't give in to that bs. Authorize an hours time for diagnosis and no more, if they can't give you an exact cause for the problem go else where.
Hang in there.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM