Another Proud Moment for this LR4 Owner!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool story....So, I was dropping my daughter off this morning at preschool and I parked next to a gorgeous black Range Rover. I salivated for a moment over it and then scooped up my baby and headed inside. When I was heading back to my car, I saw that the owner of the RR was loading her baby in her car and I walked past her and opened my car door.

All of a sudden, I hear her say "Excuse me, would you mind if I look inside your car?" I said "Sure...of course." Then she asked me how I liked it and how she wants an LR4 SO BADLY! She said she loves these cars and wants to get rid of her RR and get an LR4. She asked me how I liked mine and I told her I loved it and have never loved a car like this one. I told her I loved her car and asked why she wanted to get rid of it. She said she loved the look of mine and how much more roomy it is. We chatted for a bit, and then I climbed inside my fabulous car with even more pride than I already had. It was a fine morning indeed :biggrin:

Just had to share with my fellow LR4 enthusiasts that even Range Rover owners love our vehicles!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool story....So, I was dropping my daughter off this morning at preschool and I parked next to a gorgeous black Range Rover. I salivated for a moment over it and then scooped up my baby and headed inside. When I was heading back to my car, I saw that the owner of the RR was loading her baby in her car and I walked past her and opened my car door.

All of a sudden, I hear her say "Excuse me, would you mind if I look inside your car?" I said "Sure...of course." Then she asked me how I liked it and how she wants an LR4 SO BADLY! She said she loves these cars and wants to get rid of her RR and get an LR4. She asked me how I liked mine and I told her I loved it and have never loved a car like this one. I told her I loved her car and asked why she wanted to get rid of it. She said she loved the look of mine and how much more roomy it is. We chatted for a bit, and then I climbed inside my fabulous car with even more pride than I already had. It was a fine morning indeed :biggrin:

Just had to share with my fellow LR4 enthusiasts that even Range Rover owners love our vehicles!
Hey UGAgirl97,

Very cute story! :) I think the LR4 has definitely attracted some former Range Rover owners because of it's step up in luxury (over the previous versions) and more room (i.e. third row seating). I had a guy in a Range Rover tell me that his next SUV will be an LR4.

Happy Friday! :)

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the LR4 as luxurious and good looking as it is, I just don't see why someone would pay almost double the price for a RR. Unless they're into the bling bling....

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
With the LR4 as luxurious and good looking as it is, I just don't see why someone would pay almost double the price for a RR. Unless they're into the bling bling....
I'm reminded of an old saying about glass houses and throwing stones. :wink:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saying that the LR4, while not as ostentatious as the RR, has plenty of bling.

True! But I was comparing the RR and the LR4 only. Once you're in the price range of the LR4, there absolutely is a certain degree of bling, but I think the LR4 is a very modest vehicle in that price range. You cannot find a Mercedes M class or BMW X5 in the high 40 low 50 range even if they were stripped down!

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
True! But I was comparing the RR and the LR4 only. Once you're in the price range of the LR4, there absolutely is a certain degree of bling, but I think the LR4 is a very modest vehicle in that price range. You cannot find a Mercedes M class or BMW X5 in the high 40 low 50 range even if they were stripped down!
I guess it's all point of view. Look at the marques you're comparing it to. To you, the LR4 is a modest luxury car. To me it's a really blingy Jeep. :biggrin:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 retailed for over 60K, and I bought it for the bling and the boxy body style. Can't really agree that RR is more bling-y, I think it's very understated for a 90k truck

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did sit in the RR while I was at the dealer and I have to admit, it's an amazing cockpit and very luxurious. My wife commented that the RR Sport had a sexier body. OK so it does but I was looking for something that mixed the best of both worlds, luxury and capability and I think the LR4 exemplifies that.

I honestly can't believe I got all this for $54K. I still shake my head every time I go out to the driveway and see it sitting there.

Marty

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink