Any one know how to remove the dash for the LR3????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

Kastaddiction

I am trying to hardwire the garmin 660 in the cubby above the radio. can anyone help me remove the dash so i can run my wires. Thanks

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The covering around the center stack is held on with four clips. Grab on both sides at the bottom and pull, hard, repeat @ the top.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeap. Though i grab from the bottom and pull slightly upward

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Hey Kastaddiction, when you have the Garmin installed can you please post some pictures of how it looks and also some details regarding the installation steps/procedures you took. I am also planning to add an off-market nav system into my V8 SE and any info you can provide would be of great help.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kast how did you run the power for the Nuvi? and did you use the disc and the suction cup mount?

K

Kastaddiction

I actually cut the rubber mount that sits inside so that the only thing that shows is the frnt part. Then i stuck the round plastic piece in the cubby. Since i removed the rubber piece it easily stayed with the double sided tape on the underside. Then just placed the suction cup on the pastic round piece. I ran the power to the accessory cable under the steering column so that i could used it every time i put my key in and turned it. Just like you can use the radio.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I got the physical mount part. I'm still confused about the cable can you expand on the acc cable under the column? Is it cut and paste or plug and play?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM