Any Thoughts? removable winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look good, except the thickness. Are those even weight bearing or just off-road 'bling'? Has anyone ever tried to retrofit an non-LR3 OEM tire holder?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely install a proper winch. Warn has had the receiver winch for a number of years now. 9.5k is now available as the previous offering was only a 4k or 6k. Side pulls are the main issue. Every time I'm stuck, it's in a precarious, side-pull condition. Not too often will there be a nice straight line to a tree, a rock or another vehicle. The D44 looks really nice!! Go hidden or ARB.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Price is fair and the fit and finish is also very good but I wonder what all has to be modified to make it work on a US Spec model.... Maybe if there is a enough demand they will do the alterations and produce them???

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about uncle ray's hidden winch mount from disco3.co.uk? will there need to be much modification for our petrol US trucks?

Trynian

Reaction score
what about uncle ray's hidden winch mount from disco3.co.uk? will there need to be much modification for our petrol US trucks?

Yes, but it is rather easy to do. Took me about 15 minutes with a hack saw. Other then that it was a pretty straight forward bolt on application. There is a post on the disco3 site if you search around for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis