Anybody have a sun roof leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDude

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got my 05 LR3. The guy I got it from always kept it in a garage. I noticed that when it sits still in a heavy rain get some leakage from the sun roof. It doesn't happen when you're moving even in heavy rain and it doesn't happen if its sitting still in a light rain. I'm guessing that the heavy rain is pooling. Should there be a drain that might be blocked . . or do you think I'm looking at a weather stripping issue?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

dronedog

Reaction score
i have an 05 that had the same problem. as i understand it the tubes that run down the A pillars have a 90 degree bend in them. when i took it back, they put in 45 degree bends and i have never had a problem since. but if you can not do that, just take a piece of wire and run down the tube. they have one in each front corner. you could also try air but don't use a lot of pressure or you might blow them apart.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"take a piece of wire and run down the tube"
Can you explain where this vent is that you run the wire down and how to access it? I assume it's up in the sunroof somewhere but are they easily accessible?
Thanks

phurley

Reaction score
See thread here.

Good photos of sunroof drains and also how to get inside the headliner if it comes to that.

J. Santoli

Reaction score
Clogged sunroof drains are an industrywide problem. Audi settled a national case and refunded the full costs of repairs and fixed water damage. We have cases for Land/Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes, Acura and Lexus customers for same things and expect the same results. If you want details on getting out of pocket back in full and free water damage repairs call my cell at 1-800-279-6996 or email [email protected]. Jos. Santoli, Esq.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9