Anyone care to admit this was them? Off the edge of a cliff and recovery from Matt's Offroad Recovery.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An expensive lesson. I gotta admit I wanted to repurpose the spare tire _wench.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been watching them for a while. That was easily the sketchiest recovery I've seen them do.
It was an LR3, and I'd love to know the back story, but glad to know you can roll off the side of a cliff and deploy every bag in the whole rig and walk away in one of these things.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been watching them for a while. That was easily the sketchiest recovery I've seen them do.
It was an LR3, and I'd love to know the back story, but glad to know you can roll off the side of a cliff and deploy every bag in the whole rig and walk away in one of these things.
Yes, I didn't even pay attention to the LR3/4. And I agree, built like a tank, but we all knew that. Matt made the comment about how heavy the truck was and one of the other guys said something like "7,000 lbs of British steel". Not quite, but I get it.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roof wasn't crushed which was interesting.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's been a few images of LR3/4's being rolled over off road and they all hold up remarkably well.

Matt obviously didn't like driving the wrecker up that trailer either, so I'm sure it is pretty hairy. Never appears that way on video. I'd love to see how they rolled it just purely to learn what not to do...

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOF! At 25:28 Matt crawled WAY under that thing while it was perched! Maybe it was just the challenge, but the risk/reward on this could be questionable.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OOF! At 25:28 Matt crawled WAY under that thing while it was perched! Maybe it was just the challenge, but the risk/reward on this could be questionable.
Used to be he would stick Lizzy under there but no more!

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never appears that way on video.
I think you have to do a lot of wheeling and then look at the video to realize that in never, ever does sketchiness any justice. Been wheeling Jeeps for 20 years and this video had my skin crawling numerous times with 6000# above them with sketchy rocks allegedly holding it up and extremely questionable park and parking brake function. Shiver me timbers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72