Anyone change a front interior parking sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front left interior parking sensor on my rig is shorting to fault. Looking to swap it but I can see how the heck you do other than pull the entire freaking bumper cover which does not look like any fun... at all.

Anyone change one?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine about 2 months ago.
You have to remove the whole bumper to do it. Sucks, but easy enough.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@churious, what are the symptoms that you can see/hear aside from the fault code? The reason I ask is that for months, my rear sensor almost never went off (and neither do the fronts). Then a couple of weeks ago one of my rear sensors suddenly got super sensitive. It starts blaring and even stays on for a few seconds after I shift to D and start to drive away. It has long since triggered the WFC (Wife Fault Code-- that's when they ask "what the hell is wrong with your car?"). smh

I tried wiping them off and now I just mute it with the button on the dash. I'm not ready to pull the rear bumper just yet, but curious about your situation.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@churious, what are the symptoms that you can see/hear aside from the fault code? The reason I ask is that for months, my rear sensor almost never went off (and neither do the fronts). Then a couple of weeks ago one of my rear sensors suddenly got super sensitive. It starts blaring and even stays on for a few seconds after I shift to D and start to drive away. It has long since triggered the WFC (Wife Fault Code-- that's when they ask "what the hell is wrong with your car?"). smh

I tried wiping them off and now I just mute it with the button on the dash. I'm not ready to pull the rear bumper just yet, but curious about your situation.

Haha WFC... amazing.

So this winter both my wife and I noticed (she has been driving it more than me lately) that the sensors stop working and always went to the fault right away. I assumed it was due to a car wash during cold weather and would clear up as thats what has happened before. Now I'm thinking the sensor was taking on water during bad weather or a car wash and finally went bad. Im not 100% sure on this but its my hunch as it would usually fault after the car wash or a heavy rain storm. Gap tool lets you know exactly which one and it points to my front left interior sensor. For now I just disabled the front sensors. ;)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now I just disabled the front sensors. ;)

Good call, I don't have any confidence in my front sensors anyway. I park tight to some stuff in my garage and the front ones never go off like I would expect them to. The other odd thing about the rear sensors is that when I back out of my garage, it's the passenger side corner sensor I would expect to hear, but when I look at the display, it's the driver side sensor shooting out an animation.

I'm still not in a hurry to yank my bumper off, though. :eek:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me either! You have display on the new rig right? I don't think my 2011 shows which one is active. :hmmmm:

Yes and it's kind of irritating as it hogs the screen for a few seconds even after I'm underway. It's not one of the items I would consider an upgrade between '11 and '13 model years. Really, it's only built-in BT streaming and passive entry that I appreciate on a daily basis (compared to my '11).

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny I just realized my front sensor never worked. Oh well. I dont miss it I guess. the backs work fine but the front has never beeped ever. I wonder if I have it turned off somewhere?

Is there a button or on the touchscreen that I need to hit to make it work / not work? Can you turn them off?

And I realized that this did not help the situation at all. sorry about that.

spawnywhippet

Reaction score
funny I just realized my front sensor never worked.
Is there a button or on the touchscreen that I need to hit to make it work / not work?

yes, there is. In the center of the dashboard next to the passenger heated seat button, there should be a button that looks like a letter P emitting signals to a tree. Press that to enable or disable the sensors. It comes on automatically when you put the car in reverse though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM