Anyone over 100K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoulderGT3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys n00b here. I have the chance to pick up an 05 V8 SE for around 10K that seems to be in great shape, however it has 105K. We know the current owner and the mikes are just about all HW. Im new to the LR world and have a few questions. How does the LR3 hold up to high miles? Is there anything I need to be concerned with? Are there “signs” to potential future problems and finally would you recommend picking this up with the mileage? Thanks.

Bad move IMO. I've got a 2006 SE with 28K that is flawless with the exception of a key position brain fart the dealer is working on. Needs nothing, has service included and warranty to 48K IIRC. I'm going to sell it in a month and I'll get $22K. There are many out there like mine so this isn't a sales pitch. You smoke through service on euro cars at $1K a pop with no issue. Unless you know where the 2005 has been every night I think you have to reserve $6K just to bring everything up to ***** and you still have a 100K car. I think a lower miles in warranty unit is a much better deal.

These are very sophisticated vehicles and damned expensive to fix.

radionightster

Reaction score
I agree with the above poster. These are amazing vehicles, but 100k would still scare me. I'd spend $20k and get an 06 or so with 30-40k miles

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do it unless you KNOW or have absolute faith in the car's history. Otherwise incremental cost for a lower mileage vehicle is worth it in this case.

Shoot, I love my rig but am very nervous about rolling over 50k w/o a warranty (as with Audis or any other performance oriented car).

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had quite a few performance vehicles over 100k usually fairly lucky few major problems but if you can drop a little more id get one with less miles. If your gut feals good get it and let us know how it goes. there is somthing like over 75% of all LRs built are still in commission so go for it. :)

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got over 72k on my 2005 LR3 and I have had most of the things done that Nwoods described, except for alternator and parking brake. ALL bushings front and rear have been replaced. Two front shocks replaced also.

I do run mine offroad, and that is the major culprit for the bushings, however if you go over speedbumps all the time, that will do it too...

Thank goodness for the 100k warranty I bought when the vehicle was new!!

trackstar

Reaction score
My uncle has 90k on his 05 LR3. He said it had a cold start issue when new, dealer reflashed it. It's never been in the shop since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo