Automatic transmission oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to change automatic transmission oil for the first time in my 2000 Discovery 2 which has 71,000 miles.

I would like to get some information on how to do it and what are the recommended oils.

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty easy job. Are you also planning to replace the filter and seal as well?

Hate to turn you over to a different forum, but there's a great write up on dweb that goes over everything rather well. The torx wrench sizes mentioned are a little off, but the rest of the details are rather spot on. http://www.discoweb.org/ Go to their tech section and scroll down to "Transmission Disco II".

I recommend buying an extra quart of fluid, especially if this is your first attempt. Just in case of spills and etc.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

Whay would be the best transmission oil for a 71000 mile Disco 2?

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some swear by sythetics, some swear by simple Dextron III ATF. I personally used Dextron III ATF and the she never shifted better. By a extra quart or two. Just a tip.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink