AUX. Input HELP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRB

Reaction score
So I get into the LR3 friday about 9:30Pm to start my trip from Chicago to Myrtle Beach, SC. PROBLEM about 9:45 when I go to plug in my Ipod in Factory Aux. input.
My kids broke off the 3.5mm jack tip in the input. NO IPOD 1000mile trip. This sucks.
Worst part is I have tried everything from glue to magnets to get it out and I am out of solutions. Anyone have an idea or know this part number so I can buy a new aux. input.
I think its just the panel that includes rear cig/power jack. Does that just pull out and plug and play to replace. Let me know if you guys can help.?Thanks this site is great.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 1-2 mm drill bit for metal? Drive in (carefully), push down slightly, and pull out. And good luck.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local dealer for parts to replace the panel.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you can access the jack from behind and push the broken plug out. You could also just replace the jack itself depending on how "modular" it is.

Remove the auxiliary socket panel.
Release the 2 clips.
Disconnect the 2 electrical connectors.

05.jpg

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call and activate the Sirius Sat/Radio as fast as you can...they do it over the cell phone too. Sorry to hear about the jack-you could purchase a FM Ipod adapter pretty cheap to get you through until you get the aux fixed or purchase the Sirius subscription.

Good Luck

LRB

Reaction score
Update

Thanks for all your replies. I didnt have the aux. the entire week but now that im back I took out the panel with the DC outlet and aux. jack. Turned it upside down and took a small flathead. Messed around for a minute and shook it out. It was so easy to remove the panel just popped out two tabs on top and two plug and play adapters. Works like new. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink