Aux Input Hum/ Ipod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U

UnbrknCh8n

ravissingh said:
...You will have to stuff into the area and then replace the part that you pulled. Its a very tight fit but with some manipulation and patience, it sticks out minimally and there won't be any signs of your project. All that is left is to crank the tunes...

Awesome!

Listen, the next time you're passing through Colorado... :)

M

mwillems

ravissingh said:
I managed to get rid of the annoying hum which I believe is a ground loop fault. For my LR3, select FM then Aux. If I select AM or CD then switch to Aux, the hum is present. It may be different for your LR3.

I have it too - intermittently - and the dealer and Land Rover Canada are both clueless, never heard of this before, etc. Amazing how much more we know on these forums than the dealers whose job it is!

D

DJJeffT

GREAT set up Rav!

What did you do with the cigarette lighter part? Did you just pull out the one next to the aux plug and now there is a hole where it used to be, or is there some sort of adapter to convert this to a dual adapter?

I need to keep mine available from the outside for the kids DVD players and IF POSSIBLE I want to have 2 buried inside. One for my iPod and the other for my Blackberry charger that I will run up the drivers side of the center console and get a ProClip (www.proclipusa) and mount to the right of the stereo.

Sorry for the multiple questions...and Thanks in advance.

Jeff

D

DJJeffT

So as I await my Belkin iPod car kit to arrive on Monday, I dug into the porject ot make life easier when I really dive in.

MOST IMPORTANTLY --- WHERE IN THE HECK are you fishing the belking cord to get it out to the side of the drivers seat?????

You said something in your post about having to drill a hole...where and for what?

I attempted to take the back unit off (with the a/c vents and cup holder) but could not. Has anyone done this and if so, HOW?

TIA

Jeff

T

toddjb123

FWIW...for me I leave just enough cord to go from the power/aux jacks to the long holder to the right rear of the shifter (where I keep the ipod). The belkin comes with velcro, so, i coil up the rest of the thin white wiring and tuck it in the small bin below the aux jack.

D

DJJeffT

Got my Belkin iPod car kit yesterday, and while i have not wired it up the way I want to (HELP RAVISSINGH...HELP), I did plug it in and give it a try. I did notice a considerable volume drop off from FM and CD. Not as bad as using the headphone out, but still not as close to the levels of the FM and CD as people were stating.

Jeff

T

toddjb123

Hmmm, that's odd. Obvious question is did you adjust the volume on the Belkin? I probably have my belkin volume at 60-80%. For me it is no longer a "considerable volume drop from FM and CD" as I switch between sources on the stereo and no longer have to compensate with the volume.

D

DJJeffT

toddjb123 said:
Hmmm, that's odd. Obvious question is did you adjust the volume on the Belkin? I probably have my belkin volume at 60-80%. For me it is no longer a "considerable volume drop from FM and CD" as I switch between sources on the stereo and no longer have to compensate with the volume.

It's up all the way.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff, it also depends on the actual "volume" or dynamic range of the content you have on the device. Your experience is normal, at least with every LR3 and RRS I've been in. "Line-out" is better than headphone out, but still isn't level matched. Some of my content is pretty close, though.

As I've posted before, the real fix is for Land Rover to add an "AUX input volume offset." But obviously not enough people care/notice... as it's been over a year now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635