Auxiliary lighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the wraparound brush guard on my 2005 HSE and want to add some lights to it. the quote from the land rover dealer is like $900 and for that i could get a pair of much nicer lights, so i would like any suggestions on where i should head. I've looked at PIAA, Hella, KC, and Warn but just don't know which model to go with. Any insights on this would be welcome.

Noah

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres nothing like some extra lighting. I used to sell them all. PIAA and IPF are among the best I have used. I also like Hella a great deal, but any of theirs worth getting requires you to purchase everything separate. Stay away from the low end. Not really a big deal, just takes a little research. $900 is too steep for almost any amount of lighting. For under $600 retail, you can do much better than the LR lights. Warn are just repackaged, they arent bad but nothing you cant get elsewhere.

The first question is to ask if you want fog lights or driving lights. Or maybe even both. Id be happy to give some suggestions on any that I have had hands on with.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want lights that will be used for off-road driving and in addition to my high beams occasionally

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randall, do you have the Xeons? If so, the only thing brighter are Metal Halide's. IPF lights are very well made (by ARB actually), and so are LightForce if you can find them. Hella 4000 Compacts are quite good, but probably not any brighter than what you have now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635