Az. Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

BPedersen

My wife and I just bought our first Land Rover and cant wait to take it off road. Does anyone know of some good trails in arizona or a website that has some off-road trail info ?

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which part of AZ? There are trails everywhere....

B

BPedersen

we are in surprise, we would like to find something close to phoenix, are there any groups or clubs in the area that go out together? we are both somewhat new to 4x4's and unfamiliar with the capabilities of our land rover and the arizona terrain(we are from washington)

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to live in Tucson and really know mainly about trails in the south. That said there are several 4x4 clubs in AZ, I didn't have a rover at the time, but I believe there are rover clubs in Phoenix. As far as easy trails to start out on...Payson is a great area with many great forest service roads that are fun to explore, I will get back to you with some more ideas later.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to the Arizona Land Rover's Club www.azlca.org , and you can also contact Land Rover Scottsdale, they used to have free clinics on how to drive your Rover off-road, like very other saturday, they also have off road trips...those two places would definitely get you information on trails plus you would also be with other Rover owners who typically are a little more sophisticated than the monster chevy crowd.......

B

BPedersen

thanks for the info, we are looking forward to some exploring in our new car, especially since we've never had anything 4 wheel drive, but treated ou car like one. not a good idea in a vw cabrio but got us all sorts of cool-remote places.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck....oddly enough the VW Bug was one of the very first off road vehicles besides the jeep and rover, so you may not have been as far off as you thought. :)

B

BPedersen

My first car was a 62 baja bug that was used primarily for beating the hell out of on the beach and hitting/jumping random stuff, excelent off road vehicle in most cases. The cabrio did surprisingly well in mud and through a few water crossings, I drove it out to go shooting in the middle of nowhere with three big guys in it and still managed to get about halfway up the mountain!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635