Baby car seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james94

Reaction score
I've got a 94 Range Rover Classic, and we've got a carseat attachment base belted into the middle spot in the backseat. The trouble is that it's a little too far for my wife to reach when she's by herself with the baby. Is it possible to belt the base into the left or right back seats? Does anyone have any experience with this?

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you talking about moving the seat belts? The best thing to due is buy a new car seat that the bace can be used with the shoulder staps. That is what I used with all 3 of my kids. They say the best spot to put a Child seat is in the middle because there is no Front seat there. In case you are in a accident the child in the seat isn't squished between the rear and front seats.

james94

Reaction score
Well, the base is the kind that can be used with shoulder straps. It's a question of whether or not the shoulder straps will lock down properly. In our Toyota Corolla, when you pull the shoulder straps out as far as possible, when they retract they kind of lock, and there isn't any slack in them. We've had the carseat in the middle so far, but the baby's getting heavier, and it's harder to reach the middle!

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the tilt locking mechinism on the seat belts only lock when the vehical is at an angle. Like the slamming on the brakes trick. Or the sudden acceleration. They do make harness accessories in the Landrover catolog. Do a google search for ALTANTIC BRITISH catalog. They are a big supplier in all landrover odds and ins.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM