Ball-Joint quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russburcham

Reaction score
I just got a quote to replace both upper/lower ball joints for the front of my 2001 D2 for $850- with a free alignment. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks for the countless help!
Russ

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck and why are you replacing them?

russburcham

Reaction score
Hi Mike- about 120k--nasty squeak/grinding sound when turning or going over bumpy roads- The shop owner lifted it and showed me the "play" on the one side that was very noticeable and he recommended doing both-

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, do a little on line shopping and see what you can buy the ball joints for then talk his labor down if he is going to do both sides.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt he's going to lower the quoted labor if you supply the parts. After-all, by supplying the parts you're reducing his profit. Before you buy the parts yourself, make sure he's ok with you providing them. Some mechanics don't like that, though more and more are fine with it, especially if it's not something they can get at NAPA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112