Battery Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2004 RR Vougue and seem to have constant and ongoing issues with the car flattening the battery - its ok if after driving we immediately lock it but if the car is left unlocked the battery will flatten. Seems obvious but things happen when you are more interested in getting the kids out of the car.......Have taken it back to dealer and they have played with it and changed a resistor which they said was causing the problem but it really it keeps on happening. Other things such as leaving the tailgate open for only a short while flatten the battery- so not picnics on the tailgate for us!!!

any ideas would be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Two questions...

1. is it the original battery?

2. do you notice if any lights stay on during the time it is unlocked or the tailgate is open.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for replying. No we are currently on our third battery as once they have gone dead they just go flat really quickly and dont retain charge well. I have also checked all the 20+ interior lights and none of them are staying on. I think it must be one of the other systems that is staying on.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with the old light test.

disconnect the ground from the battery put a trouble light between battery ground and the ground wire.

Unplug and replug in fuses until the light goes out... then you will know what is draining the battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635