Best tires for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and I saw someone wearing Nittos get them gummed up in mud that was less than toe-deep.

That's why I switched to the DuraTracs. The Hollister clay turns to snot and the TG's don't self clean very well.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear wranger silent armours. Mine have almost 55k miles and still have 1/4 tread left.

I have to agree with the SilentArmors. A great tire on and off road. I just completed a new listing of available tires for 18, 19 and 20 inch rims. I use the MT/R with kevlar and they have been great. The noise is much less than other MTR's and more like some AT's that I have had. Check here for a good list of the most current options:

http://johnsonrods.com/johnson_rods_2_004.htm

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more vote for Silent Armors. Got them a month ago after doing exhaustive research and agonizing over the choice. Only have a few thousand miles on them but the ride great, low noise and look good too (if that matters to you.) I got them to be a good balance between dry/wet street handling, snow traction, and off road traction (weighted 1/3 each.) They ride a little harder over small bumps than the stock HPs, but nothing bad enough to dissuade anybody looking for a good street tire with off road chops.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg, it would be cool if you could collect reviews and put info up there.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that will be next. I'll create a link to rate each tire and allow for comments. I captured the Nokian tires and will update the site every weekend as I collect more.

If anyone has more tire selections just let me know and I'll post them:

Greg, Kelly Safari TSR has a 275/65-18 that is worthy of your list. I paid $200 per for mine. Nice list BTW.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg, Kelly Safari TSR has a 275/65-18 that is worthy of your list. I paid $200 per for mine. Nice list BTW.

Duckdive:

Looks like a tough tire. I added it to the list and will update soon.

Thanks

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
Yes, that will be next. I'll create a link to rate each tire and allow for comments. I captured the Nokian tires and will update the site every weekend as I collect more.

If anyone has more tire selections just let me know and I'll post them:

k so i know this thread is a little old now but i have to say that i thnk is is the most comprehensive on the site

my proxies st 2 are still holding up :-( so i have had a hard time rationalizing $800 for new tires... oh well.

@ johnson rods:
i run your rods full time now and i dont think i'll ever go back!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink