Bluetooth problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody tells me that my bluetooth connection on my LR3 is real crappy. Anyone had any issues with it? Maybe the mic. going bad or just my manly Wisconsin/Spanish accent? The voice activated radio works like crap also. Is it just me?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my iPhone/LR3 combo, I get the same feedback from just about everyone. It does keep the conversations short with the wife. I had the dealer check it out, but he said the mic was functioning 'normal'. I have been meaning to rig a couple test, but havnt had time yet. Keep me posted.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our 2007 SE the BT sounds very clear using the iPhone or the Blackberry Bold on both ends. It actually sounds better then my buddies new X5 if you can believe that! It could be the MIC or maybe the software on the radio unit or your phone

Could not be your manly Wisconsin/Spanish accent ;)

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was so bad I just stopped using it . . .
the other issue I had was that the module is not updatable . . . so only works (completely) with older phones . . . I have a 2008 which severly limits the phones that work well (if at all that is . . .)

Last edited:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our 2007 SE the BT sounds very clear using the iPhone or the Blackberry Bold on both ends. It actually sounds better then my buddies new X5 if you can believe that! It could be the MIC or maybe the software on the radio unit or your phone

Could not be your manly Wisconsin/Spanish accent ;)

Thanks for the vote of vocal confidence! I am going to make an appointment with the dealer and get it checked out. What the heck, I get free coffee and car washes everytime I go anyway Will keep you guys informed. I just wish it will work half as good as my wifes Acura.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really have any issues with the Bluetooth in my 06 with an iPhone 3G. You will get some nasty echo if you have the phone volume up too loud though.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! I finally had a chance to take the LR3 to the dealer. It was the phone module and mic. Nothing that a $1000 for parts and labor won't fix, under warranty of course. The module is a $800 part, unreal. The module replacement took a couple days to come in but oh well. The only thing that is annoying is that I can only have one vehicle paired to my phone. If I have my wifes Acura paired, I get connectivity issues. If I delete it, then no problem. And by the way, the echo problems, just turn your phone volume way down and it just goes away.I got a 2010 LR2 loaner and I tell you what, nice little truck. My wife fell in love with it. Hope my experience will help somebody someday!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, gonna have this check out as I only get one or two bars in mic test mode.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my module replaced as well under warranty after visiting as new dealer and it works well with Blackberry Bold, IPhone and blackberry curve. At times I would get the "it sounds like you're sitting in a garbage can" but it seems fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM