"Bonnet Open" Another problem!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm back with another problem. (Yay) Last thursday, I went to the mall w/ my wife, when we later came out, I unlocked the car and saw that the yellow flashing lights, flashed a bunch of times in a row.(not the usual flashes 2-3?)

I thought maybe someone had tampered with the car and the alarm had went off, so I nervously looked around the car and nothing was out of the ordinary. When I got into to the car to start the engine, the message "bonnet open" flashed. I got out and inspected the hood and saw nothing different, so I opened the hood and closed it, the message "bonnet Open" was still there, and until now, the message still shows. Of course whenever I lock the car, the horn gives a nice loud "HONK".

I'm guessing a bad sensor somewhere. Yay, I get to take my car back into the shop.

Ps: I don't know if this is related, but only happening 2 times, the radio would not work, it would turn on and you can change the stations, but no sound would come out, but If I use the CD player, then it would work and you can hear the music, but in the radio mode it wouldn't make a sound. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tommy

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the radio/infotainment system... if you are seeing odd behavior, there is a software update available that your service department can do that may improve matters.

T

toddjb123

I have seen the radio behavior as well. When I complained to my service department, the fix was to leave my manual open to the volume control page. I'm not kidding.

Guess I'll have to ask for the software update...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM