Bought a used LR Expedition Rack but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't come with the mounting kit. The price was too good to pass up, but I can't seem to find a mounting kit for it.

Anyone have any resources out there?

Trynian

Reaction score
Pull the instructions and see if you can make one up. Otherwise only the dealer.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better get your macgyver on, replacement parts for accessories items are almost never available though LR parts distribution. I have already been bit by this on my A-Frame and mud flaps. Maybe youll have better luck than me (you already have by finding a used expedition rack).

BTW - Did you used to have a TT? Your username/avatar looks familiar from the old Audiworld forum...

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better get your macgyver on, replacement parts for accessories items are almost never available though LR parts distribution. I have already been bit by this on my A-Frame and mud flaps. Maybe youll have better luck than me (you already have by finding a used expedition rack).

BTW - Did you used to have a TT? Your username/avatar looks familiar from the old Audiworld forum...

Yeah, I'm not the fabrication-type. How hard can it be? Really sucks that LR doesn't make install kits available separately.

Nah, never had a TT. They look cool, but they suck off road! :biggrin:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAFBuckeye I'd contact forum member The Large One on the disco3uk forum. He's your best bet for helping you find the fitting parts.

AdvRide

Reaction score
I have the rack on my LR3.

There are 4 metal plates with two threaded rods on each plate. Those plates are cut to fit into the rail system that is on your roof. You may be able to substitute a Yakima Landing Pad feet set that fits our rails and modify that setup if you have no luck getting the hardware from LR.

The front portion of the rack that over hangs above the sunroof, there are two feet that mount to the rack and to the roof. The two rubber strips on both sides of your roof, under that strip is where the feet fasten to. If you got those feet with the rack then the hardware should not be difficult to find. Metric bolts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo