brake light bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X

xbrit

New member here...
I have just bought a 95 Discovery and have a few issues. My first one , How on earth do you replace the driver side Brake / side bulb..seem to me I need the fingers of a two year old??? What is the proceedure??

Cheers Mike

Kestreljr

Reaction score
you are correct!! UK must have used child labor to get those things in. I take it that you have already removed the cover to get back there. I loosened up the metal bar and spun it out of the way, then I torqued the hell out of my fingers and got it to snap loose (lefty loosey). the problem is getting it out by forcing the darn thing not only back, but also a little down to get under the rubber seal. Then repeat in reverse order. There must be an easier way.

It sucked, but it only took 10 minutes of fooling with it to get it to work.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easier to take the whole tail light out first... I couldn't loosen the bulb without doing that.

wires

Reaction score
G'day
When you do remove the tail light fitting you can run a tap through the plastic nuts a couple of times to loosen them up on the screw thread. It will make it a whole lot easier to get them on/off the next time. Especially if you have third row seats.
wires

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo