Brake Light (Tail Lamp) Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Long time, no post. We recently noticed that our rear brake lights are out on our 2005 LR3. I bought new bulbs - didn't help. Checked all the fuses I could think might be a culprit (fuse slots 15, 22, etc) - they were all fine. Here is the weird thing - the center brake light still works (the LED one up top).

Anyone run in to this before? Is this a brake switch issue? We can still shift it out of park and the center brake light still works, so I'm guessing that isn't it, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Rich

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the trailer wiring harness installed? If so perhaps something happened there?

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the trailer wiring harness installed? If so perhaps something happened there?
Good call - we do. I looked for the trailering fuse block (which the manual claims is behind the lefthand side rear access panel, but I was unable to find it). Fortunately our dealer (who is fantastic - I highly recomend Red Noland service to anyone in the Front Range) is able to get us in this morning.

I'll let everyone know what the issue was, but I'm beginning to think you might be right (something in the trailer wiring).

-Rich

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you checking the top bulb in the lights? Believe that's the only one that lights up during braking.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the bulb socket for 12v & also the grounds - not sure where the closest gnd is, but it may be common for the brake light bulbs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM