Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Weird one here. I have a '96 Disco. Know that little red "Brake" light that goes on when your Emergency Brake is engaged? Well, mine tends to flicker on and off. When completely dis-engaged. Especially if I am braking and come to a stop. Then, once rolling again, it goes off. Really weird. Is this some early warning system in the LR telling me to check my brakes or is my E-Brake switch bad? Suggestions?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E-brake switch is bad. Mine stays on about 20% of the time, and will not go off. I think it is a bug in their design.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be low fluid too? or am i thinking of the wrong light?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typical cause of flickering light is when you running low on brake fluid :)

I.e - you totally right Andy :)

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Topped off brake fluid and the light has been off since.

[email protected]

Reaction score
It worked! Topped off the fluid (it was hardly even low), not even below the low mark and have not seen the light illuminate again since. Thanks all. Cheers!

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the same as mine, just above the low level mark.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you!

Now, for a quick subliminal (donate) message for you, ragnet (donate): Think (donate) of the (donate) money (donate) you saved by (donate) coming here (donate) instead of (donate) going (donate) to the dealer (donate).

What could you do? :biggrin:

[email protected]

Reaction score
O.K. Moose. You got me. I will gladly make a dontation to this site. It has been a tremendous help to me as a Landy Newbie. Great advice from all. A true money saver. But WHERE do I go to donate?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac