Brake pads already worn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero squealing and minimal dust with Akebono ceramic pads on my LR3 (they do not make pads to fit the LR4). However, I can attest that the braking performance is less when compared to the OEM pads. You do need to adjust your braking style accordingly as there is less bite in a pinch, although no issues to date...

AJMac

Reaction score
Here's another choice Porterfield R4-S. I have them on all 4 corners on the RRS with stock rotors. Very little dust, and I mean very little. Phenomanal stopping power with minimal pedal pressure. Have a slight tendency to squeak at crawling speeds, but the no dust trade off is worth it.

John2014

Reaction score
I have a 2014 LR4 XXV edition. Now it has 34K miles. Around 27K miles the dealer said I need my rear brake pads replace. I have a mechanic look at it and said they were fine. Now at 34K the car still stop fine. Should I wait for the warning light to come on to have the brake pads replace??? Is that a do it yourself easy job?? Any thoughts??? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM