Break light replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickwest

Reaction score
Both Break lights are out. I looked this morning and noticed that there are like 6 bulbs per side of the car. How many bulbs are for the break lights. Is it only one per side? If so which one? If not which ones do I need to replace? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an easy inexpensive fix I would rather do it myself than go to a dealership that is an 2 hours away.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 1 light each side. It's easy to find... it's one that's burned out and doesn't ever light. :smile:

nickwest

Reaction score
Thanks just wanted to make sure and in truth it does light up when the lights are on it just doesn't get brighter when you push on the break!

SoCalLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This exact same thing just happened to my 2005 LR3......both brake lights are out. I just find it very unusual to have both burn out at once. I was going to take it in to the dealer since I assumed it was not the bulbs. If you try changing out the bulbs and it works, post an update please.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's likely one burned out before the other, and you didn't notice. I replaced both 2 years in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd