Can I Add Adaptive Cruise Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A friend is looking for a 2016 Landmark LR4 with ACC. We haven't been able to find one with the mileage and color combo he wants. What hardware, other than the steering wheel switch, does ACC need that doesn't already come with the car? I have an IID Tool, I assume we could program it, right?

Thanks!

Jose

iSheeZ

Reaction score
ACC working with 2015MY and this MY should have ware loom under front bumper.
Also you need Radar for 15MY FH22-9G768-AE should work, for 14MY I believe need BH32-9G768-AD like in RRS and Bracket for radar LR062475 but you can use LR060076 with some modifications.
And of course you need steering wheel switch as you said and modify CCF.

- btw, It's possible run ACC on 14MY but it will be harder. Also it's possible on older MY but only with specific CAN adapters.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also it's possible on older MY but only with specific CAN adapters.

I read a few pages of a thread on disco3.co.uk and it is nearly impossible for a 2013 and older. It is not worth the hassle.

iSheeZ

Reaction score
it is nearly impossible for a 2013 and older. It is not worth the hassle.
Well yeah, but it's possible :)
And about price – I bought buttons (with steering wheel ) and radar only for 300€ ($330) but as proof of concept I used not cheap CAN device developed for specific task – not for ACC

Last edited:

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting to add that feature to such an older model, but if the check engine light is related it isn't so great. That needs to be off. My '12 has a forward camera and I wasn't sure what it would be used for. My Volt had one and it measured the distance between the object in front of the car. I didn't find it useful for over 10 years tbh, a neat sensor at first.

iSheeZ

Reaction score

Attachments

• tempImageGtACoZ.png
    tempImageGtACoZ.png
    987.3 KB · Views: 15

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iSheeZ I looked into this myself, and my understanding is that it is not possible on the MY2014 without extensive work. There's a fairly lengthy thread about retrofitting on the disco3 forum. Basically the v8 cars require a radar module + separate ACC module + button. In 2015/16 its just a more advanced radar module and the steering wheel buttons. I talked to GAP about the 2014 and they indicated the code for the ECU did not include ACC, and that if the ECU were updated, a number of other modules would have to be replaced. Again, no first hand experience, but what I picked up while looking into it myself.

iSheeZ

Reaction score
As I know, all ECU have ACC control and main problem – it's radar firmware because this thing doesn't know "what is LR4/Discovery 4". If your LR4 will be RRS – it should work ;)

Attachments

• SBosS5t2Kh-wxMbyW7sfWABVrl0-1920.jpg
    SBosS5t2Kh-wxMbyW7sfWABVrl0-1920.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72