Can I Add Adaptive Cruise Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I know, all ECU have ACC control and main problem – it's radar firmware because this thing doesn't know "what is LR4/Discovery 4". If your LR4 will be RRS – it should work ;)

What parts did you buy?

Just the radar unit + steering wheel buttons?

Any additional wiring harnesses? If it's only $300 or so and a firmware flash I'd be interested in doing this...

iSheeZ

Reaction score
@f1racer328 In my case:
- Radar
- Steering wheel buttons
- Mounting bracket (I used LR060076 with modifications or you can try to find bracket LR062475)
- Connector for radar (I used LR023028)
- 5pc wires (x2 CAN, power, ignition, ground)

And of course I used specific device (almost $200). It was not developed for ACC. As I said - I used it for proof of concept and it works but this device is overpriced and not for this job. I think it is possible to develop small PCB for ACC.

Also you can try to reflash LR4 as Range Rover (or Range Rover Sport) and ACC will work without advanced devices but I strongly do not recommend to do that. Really, this is bad idea.

Last edited:

TxTimo

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to add or activate ACC on a 2017 RR Sport HSE. ACC was very common by 2017 and I was upset to learn after purchase that it was not included as standard equipment on the HSE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72